Citizens Utility Board (CUB) and Schaumburg Township District Library are hosting a free online event to advise residents on reducing electric, gas, and landline and cell phone bills. Each participant will speak one-on-one with a CUB counselor to discuss their bills in a private and secure video call.
Registration is required for this event. You will select a time slot for your one-on-one meeting with a CUB representative. Details for your private video call will be provided prior to your scheduled meeting.
We request that you provide current copies of gas, electric and phone bills for CUB to review prior to your scheduled appointment.
At CUB’s clinic, you will receive information on:
- Spotting unnecessary charges on natural gas, electric and phone bills.
- Energy efficiency programs and rebates that can help lower your utility bills.
- Decoding your gas and electric bill, spotting errors and avoiding scams.
- Your options when it comes to phone, TV and internet.
- Utility rates, and making the right choices in the electric and gas markets.
CUB is a non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to representing the rights of utility customers across the state of Illinois.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about the event, please call CUB at (800) 669-5556.